Friday, January 15, 2010

Freezer Paper Stencil for t-shirts


Cut out desired shape out of Freezer paper. I asked my butcher for some free, as it was for a girl scout project. Iron the stencil, plastic side down, on med/hi heat with no steam. I ironed it in with a piece of board underneath, so I could really push down and make a good seal.




Apply your paint. I chose the puffy paint, but in retrospect, it turned out a little hard. I would choose a thinner fabric paint next time. But It was a girl scout project and this was a fun way to apply paint.




We added fairy dust, because that's how we roll.


Viola! Peel off the stencil when the paint is still a little wet. Otherwise, it might peel the dried paint off the shirt as well.

1 comment:

  1. That is WAY cool, Rebecca!!! I'm going to do it with the kiddos!!

    ReplyDelete